The email newsletter is one of the most versatile tools that a digital marketer can wield. Why? Simple, a stock email newsletter provides an excellent canvas for launching a variety of marketing campaigns. I won’t cover all the uses and benefits of an email newsletter in this post, but I will give you a few things to think about, and hopefully a few reasons to start or continue your own newsletter.
- Thought leadership – Thought leadership is an ideal that almost all marketers pursue. There is no better way to generate interest and faith in both your products and your brand. Email newsletters expedite this process by acting as a vehicle to deliver your factual, unbiased content.
- Build your house list – Distributing a digital newsletter is an excellent opportunity to collect email addresses. If you permission properly, these addresses can be used for newsletter subscription and for transmitting marketing offers.
- Lead nurturing – Digital newsletters give you a variety of ways to send lead nurturing information to prospects. Send your newsletter with CTAs for downloading whitepapers, joining webinars, and eventually, contacting your salespeople.
- Collect data – Clicks and opens, CTA preferences, buying tendencies, this information can be used to generate offers, target offers, and even influence your future product development initiatives.
- Extend your reach – Digital newsletters beg for social sharing buttons. Once these are in place, you can extend the reach of your email channel through social media platforms. This is an opportunity to proliferate your brand message, thought leadership position, and marketing offers. You can also collect detailed data from customer use of social media platforms.
I hope that you found the argument for an email newsletter compelling. These newsletters do present an excellent way to position your brand and your products. For detailed advice about the design and development of a solid newsletter, contact Marketfish Creative Solutions.
How do you leverage a digital newsletter to accomplish your marketing goals?